Workshop 2: Intuition and Ethics
Before the next session
BEFORE WE MEET AGAIN
- Please watch THIS BRIEF VIDEO on conscious and subconscious thinking
- Please discuss the following questions:
- What examples do you have of situations in which intuition affects the ultimate decision people make at work?
- How would you connect all we learned today to Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace?
- How can you ensure fairness in compassion and justice as you strive to build a culture of inclusion at your organization?
- Can you minimize "ethical fading"? If so, how?
- Resources on Ethical Fading
- Resources on Haidt's model
- The simplest way to access Jonathan Haidt's research is to purchase the book The Righteous Mind.
- Haidt's first article introducing his famous model was The Emotional Dog and its Rational Tail. I found a free version HERE.
- A critique to Haidt's ideas can be found in Pizarro and Bloom's well-known article "The intelligence of the moral intuitions: A comment on Haidt." I managed to find a free copy in Dr. Bloom's website (tip: you can often find free academic articles if you locate the author's academic website!). It's HERE.
- Haidt answered Pizarro and Bloom's critique on the article "The emotional dog does learn new tricks: A reply to Pizarro and Bloom." That one, unfortunately, I could not find anywhere free. You may download it for $14.95 if you click on the article title.
- Finally, you may find Dr. Haidt's work on THIS PAGE. Most articles can be requested if you click on "Request Article."